Stock Purchase Agreement (Australia)
This Stock Purchase Agreement form is designed for use in Australia. This agreement clearly sets out the terms of the transaction and is available for immediate download.
File types included
- Microsoft Word
- Adobe PDF
- Rich Text Format
- Mac OS X
For Immediate Download$17.95 AUD Add to Cart
60-Day Money Back Guarantee
Please select a state
Our forms are kept up-to-date and accurate by our lawyers
Unlike other sites, every document on FindLegalForms.com is prepared by a lawyer, so you can be sure that you are getting a form that is accurate and valid in Australia.
Verified in Australia
Our forms are guaranteed
to be valid in Australia
Our team works tirelessly to keep our products current. As the laws change in Australia, so do our forms.
In over 10 years of creating and selling legal forms, our focus has never changed: providing our customers high quality legal products, low prices and an experience that takes some confusion out of the law.
60-Days Money Back
Try our forms with no risk
If you are unhappy with your form purchase for any reason at all, contact us within 60 days and we will refund 100% of your money back.
A stock purchase agreement is an agreement wherein the owner of shares of stock agrees to sell the stock to a purchaser. A stock purchase agreement is beneficial for both parties as it clearly sets out the terms of the transaction.
Among others, this form includes the following provisions:
Among others, this form includes the following provisions:
- Purchase Price
- Closing Information
- Representations and Warranties
- Binding Effect and Brokers Fees
- Instructions and Checklist
- General Information
- Stock Purchase Agreement for Australia
Stock Purchase Agreement
This Packet Includes:
1. Instructions and Checklist
2. General Information
3. Stock Purchase Agreement
General Instructions & Checklist
Stock Purchase Agreement
Both the Seller and Purchaser must sign the Stock Purchase Agreement.
Generally both the Purchaser and the Seller(s) each retain an original signed Stock Purchase Agreement. Therefore, if there is one Purchaser and one Seller, two original Stock Purchase Agreements should be executed (i.e. signed).
At the closing of the transaction contemplated in the Stock Purchase Agreement, Purchaser will need to deliver the purchase price as set forth in this agreement.
At the closing of the transaction contemplated in the Stock Purchase Agreement, Seller will need to deliver the certificates representing the stock sold to the Purchaser.
This form contains italicised, bracketed instructions to help you. They should be erased before you print your completed form.
Do not use this form if the Seller is the “Company” whose stock is being sold.
Securities laws are very complex. These materials are not intended and are not a substitute for legal advice. These materials should only be a starting point for you and should not be used or signed before first consulting with a lawyer to ensure that it addresses your particular situation. A lawyer should be consulted before negotiating any document with another party.
This type of transaction may have tax consequences. You should check with your accountant before using this form.
Stock Purchase Agreement
A stock purchase agreement is an agreement wherein the owner of shares of stock (the “Seller”) agrees to sell the stock to a buyer (the “Purchaser”). Generally, this type of form is used for the stock of a small corporation. A stock purchase agreement can be beneficial for both parties because it clearly lays out the expectations of the transaction including: (i) the number and type of stock sold, (ii) the purchase price and (iii) when the transaction will take place. In addition, the Seller will make representations about his/her ownership of the shares of stock, thereby giving the Buyer additional comfort.
Federal securities laws govern the sale of stock. These laws can be quite complex, so you should check with your lawyer before selling or purchasing stock. In addition, this type of arrangement may have large tax consequences. Check with your accountant before entering into this type of agreement.
FindLegalForms, Inc. (“FLF”) is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice. The use of these materials is not a substitute for legal advice. Only a lawyer can provide legal advice. A lawyer should be consulted for all serious legal matters. No Lawyer-Client relationship is created by use of these materials.
THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS.” FLF DOES NOT GIVE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY OR COMPLETENESS FOR ANY OF THE MATERIALS FOR YOUR PARTICULAR NEEDS. THE MATERIALS ARE USED AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT WILL: I) FLF, ITS AGENTS, PARTNERS, OR AFFILIATES; OR II) THE PROVIDERS, AUTHORS OR PUBLISHERS OF ITS MATERIALS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATE OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER USED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THESE MATERIALS.
STOCK PURCHASE AGREEMENT
This Stock Purchase Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into as of ______________________, 20___ by and between _________________________ (“Seller”) and _____________________ _____________________________________ (“Purchaser”).
Purchaser and Seller may collectively be referred to as the “Parties.”
WHEREAS, Seller is the record owner and holder of shares of the capital stock of _______________________ (the “Company”) incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth); and
WHEREAS, the Parties desire to enter into this Agreement pursuant to which Purchaser will purchase from Seller shares of capital stock of the Company.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration for the promises set forth in this Agreement, the Parties agree as follows:
1. PURCHASE AND SALE: Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, Purchaser hereby agrees to purchase from Seller, and Seller hereby agrees to sell, transfer and convey to the Purchaser ___________________________ (____________) shares of ______________________ [insert class of stock—e.g. common, preferred, etc.] stock of the Company (the “Stock”).
2. PURCHASE PRICE: The purchase price for each share of Stock shall be ____________________________________________ Australian Dollars (AUD_____________) for an aggregate purchase price of _____________________________________ Australian Dollars (AUD_________________) (the “Purchase Price”), to be paid to the Seller in cash at the closing.
3. CLOSING: The closing contemplated by this Agreement for the transfer of the Stock and the payment of the Purchase Prices shall take place at ________________________ _______________________________________________________________________, on _____________________, 20__ at _____________[insert place and time](the “Closing”). The certificates representing the Stock shall be duly endorsed for transfer or accompanied by an appropriate stock transfer.
4. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF SELLER: Seller hereby warrants and represents that:
(a) Restrictions on Stock. The Seller is not a party to any agreements that create rights or obligations in the Stock relating to any third party including voting or stockholder agreements. The Seller is the lawful owner of the Stock, free and clear of any encumbrances, security interests or liens of any kind and has full power and authority to sell and transfer the Stock as contemplated in this Agreement.
(b) Organisation and Standing. To the Seller’s knowledge, the Company is duly organised, validly existing and in good standing under the laws of the State of _______________________ [insert state of incorporation] and has full power and authority to own and operate its property and assets and to carry on its business as presently conducted.
5. SEVERABILITY: If any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, and if limiting such provision would make the provision valid, then such provision shall be deemed to be construed as so limited.
6. BINDING EFFECT: The covenants and conditions contained in this Agreement shall apply to and bind the parties and the heirs, legal representatives, successors and permitted assigns of the Parties.
7. BROKER’S FEES: The Parties represent that there has been no act in connection with the transactions contemplated in this Agreement that would give rise to a valid claim against either party for a broker’s fee, finder’s fee or other similar payment.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be modified in writing and must be signed by both the Seller and Purchaser.
9. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of _____________________________.
10. NOTICE: Any notice required or otherwise given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in writing and mailed certified return receipt requested, postage prepaid, or delivered by overnight delivery service:
(a) If to Purchaser:
(b) If to Seller:
11. WAIVER: The failure of either party to enforce any provisions of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have caused this Agreement to be executed the day and year first above written.
Number of Pages7
DimensionsDesigned for Letter Size (8.5" x 11")
EditableYes (.doc, .wpd and .rtf)
UsageUnlimited number of prints
You've found your form, but will you need others? If there are other related forms you may need in the future, it may be beneficial to look at our combo packages. On average, customers who purchase a combo package save 40% on the related forms they need. Take a look at the combo packages below to see if one is right for you.Corporate Startup Forms Combo Package (Australia) Get 15 forms for just $59.95 AUD Save 63%! This Corporate Start-up Forms Combo Package is designed for use in Australia. This combo package is available for immediate download.
H L -
No Customer Comments